Without a mobile app, you can’t gain maximum exposure for your business. Hence, your business must boost its virtual presence with the help of an app. As a result, you need a great platform to build your app, and Android is an excellent choice. But the question is the cost involved with Android app development services in India?
Well, that is not an issue. To estimate the cost of Android app development, let’s look at all the relevant details and factors in this blog.
What is an Android?
Android is a mobile-based operating system. Besides, it is an open-source OS that is mainly Linux-based. Android code is written in Java. The purpose of Android is to provide the end-user with a seamless experience. It is one of the most famous platforms for app development.
Market share of Android in India and around the world
To get a clearer picture of Android’s position in India, Statista provides the following information:
- As of 2020, Android held 95.23 percent of the mobile OS market in India.
- In the third quarter of 2018, it held 80 percent of the global smartphone market share.
- In 2020, there were approximately 129.1 million Android users in the U.S.
Why choose Android?
Aside from being a popular operating system, Android has some excellent features that make it a great choice. To help you understand why you should choose Android, let’s take a look at the following points.
- User Interface or UI: You can provide your users with an attractive User Interface with Android OS.
- Auto-Correction: The auto-correct feature of Android makes it easier to find and use meaningful and correct words.
- Multi-touch: Android can support multi-touch.
- Multi-tasking: Android supports multitasking of apps as well.
- Connectivity: It supports various communication technologies, such as GSM/EDGE, Bluetooth, LTE, and NFC.
- Storage: For data storage, SQLite is primarily used.
The factors that determine the cost of Android app development in India
Android app development is a long process that can be divided into stages to estimate the development cost. For each stage, you will need a specific team of experts to assist you with the development process and also with some specific tasks. Let’s see what the stages are and how much you are going to spend on the Android app development.
- The stage of business analysis: You cannot begin designing or developing an Android app without conducting an appropriate business analysis. Hence, you require a business analyst at this point in the process. But how can a business analyst help with the development process? The person can help by doing a detailed market analysis and preparing a roadmap for the successful development of an android app.
- The app designing cost: Before you start developing your app, you need a suitable design. Hence, for your android app, you need to pay for the design as well. The question then is how much does a design cost? It all depends on the design complication.
You can choose either a simple design, a complex design, or a professional design, depending on your business requirements. The cost of designing your Android app may range from 5000 to 20,000 U.S. dollars.
- The platform: To utilize the platform, you must pay a certain amount. You get a wide range of features on Android that can help you create an effective business app. You will likely have to pay 5000-40000 U.S. dollars for Android.
- The app development cost Once you have selected a design, you are ready to work with the development team. The cost of your Android app is calculated from the specifications you choose.
There are certain app specifications that your app needs such as sign up, search, payments, chat, user profile, CMS, etc. Depending on the specification, you may be charged up to 3300 U.S. dollars. The minimum amount you may need to pay is U.S dollars 100 U.S dollars. According to the specifications, you may need to pay a different amount.
- The stage of quality check: After you have developed your app, you should check to see if it is working correctly. The team of quality assurance is thus responsible for identifying errors and repairing them accordingly. As a result, you need to receive all updates regarding your app from the quality assurance team. The quality-checking stage also costs you a certain amount, so it’s important to keep that in mind.
- The charge of Google play store: As you are about to release your android app, you must also pay a certain amount to the app store. The amount that you will have to pay Google Play Store is 25 U.S dollars. So apart from the app development cost also need to include the cost of releasing your android app.
- The cost of maintenance: Publishing your app for download does not mean your work is done. Why?
As an app owner, you should keep your app up-to-date and secure. It costs you money to keep it up-to-date and protected. Moreover, the maintenance cost of an Android app can rise to 15-20% of the development cost. You cannot leave this out of your estimated costs.
- Cost to hire experts: The process of your Android app development cannot proceed without the help of experts. Either you hire freelance app developers or you need to hire companies that offer Android app development services in India. Make sure you check the costs, and the expert charges, keeping your budget in mind when hiring them.
Indian Android app development companies are the best option for any business size, whether a small start-up or a large enterprise. You will certainly benefit from choosing an Indian mobile app development company if you need an Android app. The companies offer Android app development services in India at a very reasonable price. Further, you get to work with experts who work hard to develop an app that helps your business grow.
Hopefully, now you will be able to estimate how much an Android might cost in India based on the above information.