The sudden appearance of QuickBooks error 6131 may disrupt your productive routine. It may point you in the direction of useful information where you can learn everything you need to know about the error and how to fix it. Look no further because this article will teach you everything you need to know about error 6131 and much more.
Intuit frequently releases QuickBooks updates to address QuickBooks Error 6131 and other issues that arise in the utility while performing various tasks. QuickBooks, like other Windows-based software, is heavily reliant on the proper operation of Windows components and their resources. If there are any bugs with QuickBooks or Windows settings, you may encounter QB Error 6131. QuickBooks Error 6131 is one such problem that appears when opening the corporate file and prevents a person from accessing the corporate file. Error 6131 may have a negative impact on the performance of your system, and if proper troubleshooting is not performed, you may lose important information from your QuickBooks Firm file.
What is QuickBooks Desktop Error 6131?
You can host the corporate file on a server and have many users access it across the network when using QuickBooks in multi-user mode. When a workstation tries to access a corporate file on the network, but the file is either unavailable or corrupt on the server, Error 6131 occurs, and QuickBooks displays the message “QuickBooks is attempting to access the corporate file but can not contact the database server.” There are a few more reasons why error code 6131 can appear in QuickBooks, which we’ve detailed in the blog.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 6131 to Appear?
Let’s learn about the causes of QuickBooks error 6131:
- A user in QB is attempting to open a corrupt corporate file.
- Because the version installed on the customer’s PC is out of date, the corporate file is created using an upgraded version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Error Code 6131 might also display on a user’s screen as a result of community configuration issues.
- The ability of QuickBooks Desktop to connect to the required public ports is blocked by the Windows Firewall.
- In addition, error 6131 might be caused by out-of-date Windows setups in QuickBooks.
- Running QuickBooks in Multi-Person mode necessitates the QuickBooks Database service, and if this service is simply unavailable on the server, error 6131 appears in QuickBooks Desktop.
Steps to Take Prior to Troubleshooting Error 6131
How to Resolve the 6131 Error Before you may use QuickBooks, you must first complete the following steps:
- Install the most recent QuickBooks Desktop upgrades on both the server and client computers.
- Before proceeding with the troubleshooting, create a secure backup of your company’s file.
- Download and install the most recent Windows updates.
- Install QuickBooks File Physician on all workstations and servers to repair any harm to the QuickBooks firm file and network.
2021 Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 6131 When Opening Firm File
Let’s get started on the troubleshooting procedures now that we’re all aware of the critical considerations to keep in mind before putting resolutions into action:
Step 1: Repair corrupt community and firm files
The QuickBooks File Physician software, which is included with the QuickBooks Instrument Hub programme, automatically locates and fixes problems with the company file and network configuration to correct errors caused by frequent glitches in the firm file and network.
- If QuickBooks Instrument Hub isn’t currently installed on your computer, download, install, and activate it by clicking the desktop shortcut icon.
- From the Firm File Points tab, choose Run QuickBooks File Physician.
- After that, navigate to your organization’s file and choose it in the File Physician.
- Click the Continue button after selecting the Test your File (extremely useful) option.
- QuickBooks File Physician will not automatically repair the corporate file or any collateral damage.
- For more information, see How to Use QuickBooks File Physician to Repair a Broken Company File or Network.
Step 2: Rename.ND (Community Knowledge) and (TLG)
Renaming them will force QuickBooks to generate new, corrupt-free data, which will aid in the resolution of the problem if the QuickBooks Error 6131 is caused by corrupt community and transaction log data.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks installation folder in Windows File Manager.
- The folder’s default location is C: Public Paperwork for Users QuickBooks by Intuit.
- Look for files with the same name as your company file but the.ND and.TLG extensions.
- By right-clicking the file, you can rename it.
- Add.OLD to the end of the file name, for example (CompanyFileOLD.TLG and CompanyFileOLD.ND) (CompanyFileOLD.TLG and CompanyFileOLD.ND).
- Save the file name, then restart QuickBooks to gain access to your company file.
- Recommended: Out of balance QuickBooks balance sheet
Step No 3: Rename. Transaction Log (TLG) File for ND (Community Knowledge)
If the error is caused by corrupt community and transaction log data, renaming them will trigger QuickBooks to generate fresh, corrupt-free data, which will aid in resolving the issue.
- In Windows File Manager, navigate to the QuickBooks installation folder.
- The folder is frequently found in Intuit QuickBooks Public Paperwork.
- Look for data with the same name as your company file but with the.ND and.TLG extensions.
- When you right-click the file, select Rename.
- For example, add.OLD to the end of the file name (CompanyFileOLD.TLG and CompanyFileOLD.ND).
- Save the file name and reopen QuickBooks to gain access to your company file.
Step No 4: Run a Clean QuickBooks Installation
If none of the troubleshooting options work, we should reinstall QuickBooks Desktop on the customer’s computer. Keep your login details, product code, and software registration information on hand at all times. You will need all of these information to activate QuickBooks after reinstalling it. For additional information, see the troubleshooting step 4 guidelines in our article on QuickBooks Error 6155 0.
Step No 5: Use Disk Cleanup to Remove System Junk
If the QuickBooks Error 6131 is caused by a significant buildup of system garbage, do the following steps to clean it up:
- Start by opening the run window (Windows + R) or the start tab, and then typing the term command into the search box. Make sure you don’t press Enter again after that.
- Then, while holding down Ctrl and Shift, press Enter.
- A permission dialogue box will appear, which you must tap. Sure.
- Sort now, and then run Clean mgr.
- The Disk Cleanup Tool will scan your disc for temporary files and directories and allow you to delete them.
- Your training will be finished once you’ve chosen the washable containers.
Step No 6: To resolve QB Error 6131, utilise Windows System Restore.
The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- In the Begin menu’s search area, type “Restore.”
- In the search results, double-click System Restore.
- After that, if required, enter the Admin password.
- Choose a restore level, then proceed with the system restoration process.
If you are acquainted with Windows troubleshooting, you may resolve QuickBooks Error 6131 fast by following the troubleshooting techniques discussed in the article. If you are unable to use the solution or require the aid of a professional to resolve QuickBooks issue 6131, please call our Desktop Helpline Number at +1-888-704-1357.