More than 35% of companies (specifically including medium and large) use the internal enterprise-level app to streamline processes & operations. It helps employees stay connected, know more about the process, share information wisely, increase engagement, and drive work efficiency. It is essential to rely on enterprise application development when the business organization grows. And stakeholders find it difficult to manage operations manually.
This brings us down to creating this short guide on enterprise applications which is beneficial for companies to grow & streamline. Here, we will discuss the need, importance, and benefits of developing an enterprise app for your business to manage operations seamlessly.
But before getting started, let’s have a little introduction to enterprise mobile apps and their growing trend across the business ecosystem.
What is Enterprise Application Development?
An enterprise app is a company-specific application that helps control internal operations better. Unlike the usually developed eCommerce app, healthcare care, loan app, or any other customer-specific application. An enterprise-level mobile app is an internal tool for a company to streamline the following few processes:
- ➤ Securing log-ins and log-outs
- ➤ Managing attendance
- ➤ Sharing files, documents, & information
- ➤ Keeping & securing user information
- ➤ Real-time analytics
- ➤ Instant messaging
- ➤ Adding customer information
- ➤ Sales report, digital information, etc.
- ➤ Managing HR operations
In short, an enterprise mobile app can streamline and integrate every single functionality of a business to become tech-driven. More and more companies are implementing enterprise application development with help of a reliable partner like OrangeMantra. And that is to improve their business functionalities.
Rise of Mobility in the Business Setting
With the rising adaption of mobility at the workplace, the trend of developing enterprise apps is also growing. It is happening with the newly implemented phenomenon of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) at the workplace along with employees using several apps to manage their work.
At present, you will hardly find any organization comprising employees without a smartphone. In fact, the usage of the smartphone has increased to an optimum extent compared to the last decade.
So, this particular rise of mobility at the enterprise level has a direct connection with implementing enterprise mobile apps. And the such application allows the employees to manage operations from any location and know more about the company anywhere.
Why build an enterprise app for your business?
At this point, you must have got a basic understanding of enterprise application development and the app’s basic set of features. Next to know are the specific reasons to develop such an app for your organization.
- Stay active & effective: We have already mentioned the importance of creating an enterprise app for your business when the company is in a growing mode. In such a scenario, it is difficult for stakeholders to manage every single detail manually. And an automated tool is required to keep all the business information and required access intact. In such a scenario, an enterprise mobile app will bring operational accuracy by providing your internal access to everything which is required.
- Maximize revenue: Undoubtedly, an effective team of employees works smarter and harder to meet organizational goals and increase overall revenue generation. It is possible with the successful implementation of an enterprise mobile app. Such an application allows employees to get access to everything which ultimately helps in finishing the tasks on time.
- Minimize cost: Enterprise application further helps your business track all the internal processes with ease. It leads to minimizing the errors and losses within the organization to an optimum extent.
- Automate business processes: Lastly, the successful development of an enterprise-level app automates your work process. With this, you will find less to no paperwork along with seamless data processing and analysis to meet organizational objectives with ease.
Types of enterprise-level apps you can develop
Talking about enterprise applications so far, we would like you to know the different types of apps that cater to your requirements.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP): An enterprise resource planning software is one integrated mobile app that covers everything of a company. It is the single best application that integrates all the parts of the business including that planning, cost, strategy, marketing, sales, inventory, and several other avenues.
- Business Management Apps: It refers to a specific application or software for businesses to perform specific tasks within the company with ease. It could be a single-page application or a combination of different applications that help manage business operations effectively. Specifically, this app analyzes the data and marketing information to create further profitable strategies ahead.
- HR Management Apps: As the name itself implies, HR management apps are meant to streamline human resource operations to an optimum extent. Such an application helps automate recruiting, onboarding, attendance management, employee management, and other operations with ease.
What are the benefits of enterprise-level apps for your company?
As per the information mentioned above, enterprise apps can best streamline your company’s operations and internal processes. Other than that, here are a few advantages of such an application that you should be aware of.
- Completely automate your business operations
- Ensure improved employee performance, increased productivity, & workplace satisfaction
- Generate business flexibility
- Increase operational efficiency
- Get advanced insights into the company’s data for better decision-making
Enterprise application development process
The enterprise-level application development process is divided into different phases that must be followed by a reliable app development partner.
- Understanding the requirement: It all starts with an enterprise application development company understanding your requirements. Depending on your nature of business, an app development partner will recommend a particular type of application to enrich your operations. Once finalized, an app’s blueprint documents covering all your requirements are kept in mind before getting started.
- Designing the app: Based on the requirement analysis, the initial design phase starts in which the minimalistic software framework is created for your approval.
- Setting coding standards: One of the lengthiest steps of the mobile app development process. Completely based on the requirement and design factors, coding standards are finalized before aligning the development team on the same.
- Testing the application: Once developing the software, it goes through a stringent testing process to identify errors, mistakes, and technical inefficiencies. Once rectified, everything is fixed beforehand.
- Successful deployment: After performing rigorous testing and eliminating all the inaccuracies, your enterprise software is ready to deploy. And it will be available for your end users within the organization.
The enterprise application is no longer a new concept for organizations. Instead, it is an extended and well-adapted enterprise-level software or a mobile app that helps streamline processes and operations. Such software provides you with in-depth information about the organization along with easy access to data, files, and documents. This application helps employees stay connected and well-integrated into the enterprise and perform better. At OrangeMantra, we provide you with end-to-end technical assistance in developing a user-friendly and scalable enterprise app to enhance your operations.