Oracle Agile PLM and Cloud PLM are increasingly becoming the most innovative solutions for developing and commercializing products. To understand the differences, we will take a closer look at the benefits of each.
PLM on a Cloud
Cloud has revolutionized the PLM industry by allowing easy access and feasibility to product lifecycle management information from anywhere on any device. Organizations, employees, and stakeholders can now remotely access PLM data to speed up time to market and trigger market innovation. The purpose of cloud PLM is to standardize the product development process and structure to ensure faster delivery and innovation.
Benefits of Cloud-based PLM
Cloud-based PLM solutions have various benefits, from improving product data to streamlining the development process.
- It helps organizations streamline product data and development processes.
- This dynamic works in favor of those companies that have a global cliental and user base. They benefit immensely from this setup as the users can access products and process data securely.
- Cloud PLM is a future-ready infrastructure that provides benefits like ease of access and onboarding and remote work from any device.
- Not only does it limit IT resource consumption and requirements, but it also lessens dependence on traditional product development technologies.
- It reduces infrastructure costs while speeding up the overall process.
- Cloud PLM is beneficial for all organizations and enables efficiency in small, medium, and large companies equally.
- It can reap benefits in terms of scalability and expansion because it allows companies to expand their territories, market, and strength based on location, demographics, distribution, processes, etc.
- Cloud-based PLM encourages the latest technology adoption. It brings and promotes cutting-edge and state-of-the-art technology and innovations at different stages of PLM. This improves security, analytics, ML, IoT, and more.
- Cloud PLM is a cost-effective solution that tends to decrease IT resource needs and dependency, speeds up deployment, and connects users from around the globe. It also reduces silos between the supply chain, value chain, departments, etc.
Benefits of Oracle Agile PLM
When it comes to the benefits of Agile PLM include:
- Agile PLM allows secure and safe access to the preliminary data concerning product releases, upgrades, documents, and changes in the process.
- It ensures that the users and organizations are up-to-date and well-informed regarding any product changes. These changes could be pending or released, and the effects they have on different articles or aspects throughout the product lifecycle management, ensuring complete visibility and transparency of the processes and their associated upgrades.
- Agile PLM is the ideal solution for automating management processes and workflows. It establishes a simplified modification management process, which brings innovative and smart workflows.
- It drives efficiency and productivity in product management through a multilevel supply chain mechanism and fast delivery across the globe.
- Not only does it create a nurturing environment for supply chain mechanisms, but it enables control to the organization to manage, handle, and control producers and the product contents and changes. Organizations can govern the production process with Agile PLM.
- Apart from aligning the corporate strategy with the PLM goals, it synchronizes production with the existing product record and objectives.
Difference Between On-Premise Agile PLM and Cloud PLM
Following are some notable differences.
- Agile PLM offers options for product development, processes, records, data accessibility protocols, data sensitivity, etc. Whereas cloud PLM heightens the product conception stage through multiple features.
- Cloud PLM has amazing security protocols which enable privileged control. On the other hand, Agile PLM does not offer team security.
- The world is moving towards hyper-customization, and so is Cloud PLM. It provides Page composer options necessary for complete customization of the entire layout and framework. But Agile PLM does not accommodate such changes and personalization.
- When it comes to sub-classes, Cloud offers unlimited levels and options. Whereas Agile PLM comes with only three distinctive classes, including base class, class, and subclass.
- Cloud PLM infrastructure and properties allow for the identification and recognition of individual tasks and workflow. On the contrary, Agile does no such thing.
Having gone through all these points and benefits of Agile PLM, you must be familiar with both concepts now. You can decide which method and platform suit your product development the most and which one would work for your situation and industry.