So, you have performed the Netgear extender setup via mywifiext and still it is not working? Don’t worry! This type of issue can be resolved shortly. As you are on this post, you don’t have to worry at all. Here, we are going to provide you with the best fixes through which you will surely make the most of your Netgear extender. Thus, without much delay, let’s get started! Netgear extender not working issue can persist due to a number of reasons:
- Loose cable connections
- Improper power supply
- Outdated Netgear extender firmware
- Technical glitches
- Partial Netgear extender setup
- WiFi interference
But, following the fixes highlighted below can help you. Keep scrolling down!
Fixed: Netgear Extender Not Working
First Method when Netgear extender not working
The first fix is to restart your Netgear extender: Well, sometimes technical glitches can impact the performance of your Netgear WiFi range extender. To do away with the problem, it is suggested to power cycle the device once. Here’s how to do so:
- Disconnect your Netgear extender from your existing router first.
- Then, unplug the extender and wait for a few minutes.
- Thereafter, plug in your Netgear extender back and connect it to your host router.
Now, check if you are still facing the Netgear extender not working issue. If yes, then the next troubleshooting tip will help you. So, without thinking much, head towards the next one.
The second fix is to check the power supply: Another reason that is preventing your Netgear extender from working is the improper power supply. Thus, to get it fixed, simply check the wall socket into which your Netgear extender is plugged. It must be well working and your Netgear extender must receive a steady power supply from it.
The third fix is to check the connection between your Netgear extender and router: Your Netgear extender may not work if the connection between it and your existing router is unstable. If you want to deal with it, then you have to be sure that your devices are well-connected.
Important point: Avoid connecting the devices wirelessly. The reason behind suggesting this is to prevent WiFi signal interferences. Also, make use of a working and non-damaged wire for connecting the devices.
Is your Netgear extender working now after connecting it to your main router? Check by accessing the mywifiext.net login page.
No luck? Don’t worry! The next fix is waiting for you. Keep scrolling down!
The fourth fix is to update the Netgear extender firmware: Yes, that’s correct! Performing Netgear firmware updates can also help you in a big way to get rid of the Netgear extender not working issue. And what’s more? Updating the Netgear extender’s firmware on a regular basis also helps in enhancing the overall performance of your device.
Here are the instructions to perform the Netgear extender firmware update process:
- Make sure that your Netgear WiFi extender and router are well connected.
- Once assured, turn on a computer or laptop. Update the device software to the latest version prior to using it.
- Update your internet browser. Once you are done, head towards its address bar and type mywifiext. Just in case you get mywifiext not working issue, then ensure that you are not using a private window and the browser’s search bar for entering mywifiext.
- Press Enter to get redirected to the Firmware Update page of your Netgear extender.
- Reaching here, provide your Netgear extender’s model number (if asked) and follow the given instructions.
In this manner, you will be able to update the Netgear extender’s firmware and fix not working issues happening with it.
Fifth Method resolve Netgear extender not working Issue
The fifth fix is to reset your Netgear extender: Partial configuration also lets your Netgear extender not work for you as per expectations. To say goodbye to this type of issue, we suggest you reset your Netgear extender back to factory default settings and then reconfigure it again.
To reset the device:
- Locate the reset hole on the extender
- Press and hold it using a paper clip
- And, release it
Once the extender gets reset, reconnect it to your main router via an Ethernet source. Then, visit your Netgear device’s new extender setup page using mywifiext.net login credentials. As soon as you reach the extender setup page of your Netgear device, just apply the given instructions.
Now that your Netgear extender is reconfigured, you can now connect to Netgear_ext SSID and enjoy the extended internet range from anywhere in your home.
And, with this last fix – our article on how to fix the Netgear extender not working issue ends here. Anticipating that your Netgear extender is now working?