Are you looking for a permanent solution to get rid of slow internet connection? If your answer is a big yes, then performing TP Link AC1200 setup will be the best bet for sure. Setting up TP Link AC1200 WiFi range extender will not provide you an uninterrupted internet connection but also enhance the performance of your existing WiFi coverage. Apart from this, after performing TP Link AC1200 setup, you can connect as many devices as you can with your TP Link AC1200 extender without affecting the performance of your internet connection and the device.
Now, let us guide you with one of the easiest methods to perform TP Link AC1200 setup i.e. the WPS method.
TP Link AC1200 Setup
Using the WPS Method
Given-below are the step-by-step instructions you need to follow in order to perform TP Link AC1200 setup using the WPS method. Read on!
Step 1: First things first, place your TP Link AC1200 WiFi range extender in the same room where your existing router is placed.
Step 2: Power on your TP Link AC1200 WiFi extender and make sure to provide it a continuous power supply.
Step 3: Let the power LED on the extender become stable. Once it is, press the WPS button on your TP Link AC1200 WiFi extender and wait for a few minutes.
Step 4: Once the wait is over, press the WPS button on your main router as well.
After a couple of minutes, your TP Link AC1200 extender will be configured shortly. Isn’t it an easiest method to perform TP Link AC1200 setup?
By any chance, you existing router doesn’t have the WPS method, then you can use the instructions provided on the TP Link app. But, first you need to download and install the TP Link app from Play Store or App Store. Once you have downloaded the TP Link app, provide your extender’s model number (if asked), perform TP Link AC1200 setup by following a 2-4 simple instructions.
Thus, in this way, you can easily perform TP Link AC1200 setup using TP Link app.
Stuck with TP Link AC1200 Setup? Let’s Fix!
- Your TP Link AC1200 extender is not placed within reach of your main router. Ensure to place them in close proximity.
- The web address or the extender’s default IP you have used to perform TP Link AC1200 setup is incorrect or entered with typing errors. There are also chance that you have entered http://tplinkrepeater.net or 192.168. 0.254 in the search bar instead of URL bar. So, ensure to enter them correctly without typing errors in the browser’s address bar.
- Also, be careful while entering the username and password of your TP Link AC1200 extender.
- Ensure that the connection you have made between your TP Link AC1200 extender is successful.
- If you are not able to perform TP Link AC1200 setup, then chances are that your ISP is the culprit. Yes, you read it right! Slow internet connection also lead to unsuccessful TP Link AC1200 setup. So, in that case, we suggest you contact your internet service provider.
- Power LED of your TP Link AC1200 extender is not stable. In such a case, power cycle the device once.
- The power LED of your TP Link AC1200 extender is not stable. It means that your extender is not properly plugged in. So, to get it fixed, please check the power being supplied to the TP Link AC1200 device.
- Your TP Link AC1200 extender must receive active WiFi signals from your main router. For this, ensure to place your router openly. By any chance, you have placed the router inside a cabinet or on a lower area, then your extender will not get continuous WiFi signals from it, resulting in improper or unsuccessful TP Link AC1200 setup. So, it’s important for you to place the extender and main router openly, highly, and center-most area in your home.
Thank you for reading!