Java is one of the most well-known object-oriented programming languages ever. Immensely versatile with numerous applications and active community support, Java is an essential skill set for any aspiring programmer. In addition, major businesses like Spotify, Netflix, & Google use Java in their tech stack, which tells a lot about the prominence and popularity of the language.
Its significance is probably why mastering Java is fraught with challenges. And while Java assignments help you will learn things faster, specific programs and development projects can confound even the most seasoned coders. To master Java, learners must expand their horizons and look for better ways to learn more holistically. In this article, we take you through some excellent Java tutorials for both beginners and advanced coders.
Well, that’s enough talk! Let’s begin.
Two Of The Best Online Courses In Java Today
The advent of online learning and MOOCs has opened up numerous opportunities for learners of any programming language. There are numerous benefits to learning programming through online courses, including structured course content, loads of quality training exercises, capstone projects, and a shareable certificate.
Two fabulous online courses for Java in 2022 are:
The Complete Java Masterclass from Udemy
One of the most popular online courses on Java, this course from Udemy has more than 700,000 enrollees and garnered rave reviews from all over.
Develop OOP skills and learn how the latest iteration of Java works & used across different applicational domains through this extensive & in-depth course. This course offers more than 72 hours of material that covers everything, end-to-end. Discover data structures, OOP concepts, major algorithms, fundamentals of objects & classes, the Collections framework, Multi-Threading, File I/O, networking & database, and all the latest Java changes. And you will also get to learn to use the latest Java IDEs such as Eclipse, Maven, etc.
Honestly, this is one of the best and most complete online courses on Java for beginners!
Specialization Course in Object Oriented Programming With Java
This course from Coursera takes a quick look at the basics before dwelling on advanced ideas. You will learn how to solve complex problems using object-oriented design using Java. You get to work with two popular integrated development environments (BlueJ and Eclipse), learn how to design GUIs and even design programs that can handle big data.
If you do not want to learn through online courses and instead try to tackle Java on your own, below is a simple but complete roadmap.
An Excellent Roadmap For Java Mastery
Before you get down & dirty, know that you will have to put in the hard work and stay consistent & persistent throughout. Self-motivation is vital; practice coding every day and follow the following roadmap 🡪
- Core Java
Focus on major topics like:
- Data Types & Variables
- Operators & Expressions
- Classes, Objects, OOP concepts, & their applications.
- String Class
- Conditional Statements & Iterations
- Data Structures & Collections Framework
- Streaming I/O
- The features & Java SE 18
- Advanced Java
Once you have mastered Core Java, it is time to dive into the advanced aspects. Here are the vital advanced concepts to master.
- The features of Java EE 8
- Developmental Frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot, Struts, Hibernate, etc.
- The Client-Server architecture using JEE
- Web & Application Servers such as Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, etc.
- Big data and analytics platforms and techs such as Hadoop & Spark
- Software Design Patterns
- The Java Virtual Machine
- Concurrent Programming
- Java Database Connectivity with SQL, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL
- Git and GitHub
- API Programming with Java
- Java I/O and Concurrency
- Java Servlets and Servlet Pages
- The Java Scripting API
Build solid foundations in Core Java before moving on to advanced concepts. Work with your friends and peers while tackling challenging & extensive concepts. And, look for professional Java assignment help if things get too troublesome.
- The IDEs
Java IDEs are critical for coding. There are numerous development environments, each with features, quirks, and applications. To become a complete Java coder, try to get a good grip on the following IDEs:
- Visual Studio Code
- Learn More Use Build Tools
Build tools help automate the software development process from the source code level. Java has some great build tools dedicated to it, which every aspiring Java developer must master. Here are four of the best build tools in 2022:
- Databases and Java
Databases are central to all web applications. It would be best if you learned how to integrate your web apps in Java with different kinds of databases. And for that, you need to develop clear-cut ideas about the following database systems:
- Fundamental and Advanced SQL Concepts
- NoSQL and MongoDB
- Object-Relational Mapping Framework (Java Persistence API, Hibernate, Spring Data JPA< etc.)
- Software Testing
Testing is a crucial phase in the software development life cycle. If you want to minimize errors & boost the efficiency of your applications, then you need to know the following:
Code debugging, unit testing, functional & non-functional testing, black-box testing, integration testing, gorilla testing, grey box testing, and the like.
- Advanced Software Development Aspects
Modern software development has undergone rapid changes in the past two decades. Cost-effective cloud computing, containers, DevOps, etc., have substantially simplified and sped up the build process.
Once you have a firm grip on the entirety of Java, you should start developing skills & know-how essential for modern web development. Learn about:
- Cloud Native Technologies 🡪 Cloud computing has changed how applications are designed, developed, and operated. Make it a point to understand different kinds of cloud architecture such as public, private, & hybrid clouds and how to build agile, resilient & scalable applications with modular, loosely-coupled components.
- Serverless Architecture 🡪 Serverless architectures allow businesses to run apps and services without worrying about infrastructure. As-a-service products and the advent of cloud computing led to the proliferation of serverless architectures, making them a crucial aspect of modern software engineering.
- Microservices & Containers 🡪 A unique development architectural style, the microservices design focuses on a modular approach. Every component in a service is a self-contained, independent entity that interacts with other microservices to deliver a specific outcome.
Containers are a great example of microservices & prominent ways to build one. They help developers focus on developing applications without worrying about dependencies. Modern cloud-native solutions are generally designed with microservices-based architecture.
A container is a type of software that allows developers to package code and all its dependencies to ensure that the application runs optimally.
If you are looking forward to a career in software development in Java, you will have to focus on the above aspects and develop clear-cut ideas about software engineering practices. So read more, cod more, enrol in online courses, and avail of professional Java assignment help for those challenging assignments.
BONUS: Some Great Books To Learn Java
Before we wrap things up, here are some links to a bunch of excellent free & paid books on Java.
- Top 10 Books For Beginners & Advanced Java Coders
- Top Free Books For Java Coders
- Think Java: How To Think Like A Computer Scientist By Allen B. Downey
- The Java Tutorials Bundle By Oracle, A bunch of documentation from Java’s proprietors for beginners
Well, that wraps up this write-up. Hope it was a good read for one and all. Hard work, intelligence and practice are vital to mastering Java. Use this guide for direction and get one step closer to conquering Java.
Author-Bio: Anne Gill is a computer science professor and a Java coder of 18 years. In her spare time, she tutors students and offers Java assignment help at myasssignmenthelp.co.uk, a leading academic service provider.